cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Exchange Mailbox

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Exchange 2003 SP2. Have a mailbox I want to restore, trying to restore it with default options (246mb) after 45 minutes the progress still shows as restoring, no data shows as being copied and the mailbox size on the exchange server does not increase in size. I do not have it set to recreate the user mailbox since I re-created the mailbox manually due to needing to get email sending and receiving again while waiting for an off-site tape to arrive.

Am I missing something obvious here? I have done this in the past with prior versions and dont remember having any problems. I am trying to restore a mailbox backed up with legacy backup method.
4 REPLIES 4

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
No Corey, this hasn't change...

Try redirecting the mailbox to the same mailbox, that is, select Exchange redirection, and write the name of the Exchange server and the mailbox.

Good luck

Steve_Rick
Level 3
which name works best when specifying the email box? the Full Name? ie. John Doe or

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Thanks David,

It seems to be transfering data now.

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
I used the full name as displayed in the exchange systems manager and it resolved the name properly and started transferring data.