cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Exchange mailbox to PST file failed

Tim_Xu
Level 3

Hello

I want to restore a user malbox to PST file, but I tried many times, still failed. I'm sure I installed office 2010 32bit (include outlook) in target computer (Win7). The restore account has local administrator privilege in target computer. Error information:

Job ended: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 10:47:44 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00003c4 - To redirect Exchange mailboxes to PST files, you must install Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010 and the Backup Exec Agent for Windows on the server to which you want to redirect the restore. Outlook 2010 requires the default 32-bit installation.
Final error category: Resource Errors

V-79-57344-4630 - Unable to create the temporary files that are needed to extract granular data for future restore. Make sure that the credentials used to perform the operation have write access to the BIN folder on the application server, or to the DATA subfolder if it exists.

12 REPLIES 12

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you install the BE remote agent on the target computer? You should also confirm that you can use Outlook 2010 on the target computer.

Lastly, make sure that the BE credentials is a domain admin.

Tim_Xu
Level 3

Yes, I installed the latest version of BE agent in target computer. I can open and use Outlook 2010. The credentials include domain admins group.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you check the permissions of the BIN and DATA folder like what the error messages says?

If you are restoring from tape, duplicate the backup set to disk and then restore from the disk backup set.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...and you've got enough disk space on the drive to where the staging is done? By default this is C:\Temp.

If not, move the temp directory within BE to a drive with enough disk space to hold the full Information Store.

Otherwise try to duplicate the IS to disk and then restore from there.

Thanks!

Tim_Xu
Level 3

I had changed the GRT restore default location to another disk, that disk has enough space.

I checked the log and found the record:

</info><set><set_resource_name>\\SUZ-TST-BCK01\Microsoft Information Store\ </set_resource_name><restore_target_device>Restoring data to \\SUZ-TST-BCK01\Microsoft Information Store\.

SUZ-TST-BCK01 is my target machine, but I don't have "Microsoft Information Store", the target machine is not Exchange server, why the data want to restore there?

CraigV

Post your settings and some screenshots...

Tim_Xu
Level 3

SUZ-INFR-BCK01 is BE Server, 15.0 FP3, Win2012R2

SUZ-TST-BCK01 is target machine, Win7 64bit with Office 32bit

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It could be that the Information Store needs to be restored so that it can be mounted for the mailbox to be extracted.

PRAVEENCRIC
Level 3

Try duplicating the data to disk (NTFS Volume ), This can be done by Backup and Restore -> Exchange server -> Backup sets -> Right click duplicate to Disk 

Once this is done try performing restore . 

For PST make sure that you use any one of the outlook version 2003, 2007, 2010 (32 bit only) and make sure AWS is installed on the client machnie 

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH183123, Also make sure that that client server is properly publishing to the media server. 

If still this issue doesn’t resolve, Try performing restore to BE server itself (Make sure Outlook 32 bit version is installed ) and you may try your luck (Do restore from Disk )

or you may also use the third party tools to convert the EDB files to PST. (you will get these EDB files once you duplicate the Data from tape)

Hope this should resolve your issue 

Thanks!

Tim_Xu
Level 3

I'm trying duplicate the backup set from tape to disk storage, but the job status is "Ready; Backup Exec server not available". I checked BE services are running, the others job are working fine.

CraigV

Are you duplicating to disk internal/local to the media server?

Thanks!

andreyspro
Level 3

In "Restore wizard" window try type "Target server name" with two backslash, for example "\\Servername", its tip help me.

be-exchange.PNG