cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Mailbox from Tape LTO4 Error - V-79-57344-33935 - Insufficient Disk Space

ITI_Storage_Adm
Level 2
Hi There,

I Have a LTO4 TL with 750GB/1.2TB Tapes.
Media Server is a 2008STD Server
Backup Exec is 2010 and Exchange Server 2010 too.

I Have GRT enabled for Exchange Backups.

I'm doing Weekly Full and Daily Inc Backups to Tape.

I had a request to Restore one e-mail from the Tape Library from the 16th of June of one User's mailbox.

The target e-mail has 1.800 KB.
The Tape where the e-mail is, is a Full Tape, that has 1.2TB compressed Backups.

When I created the Job for the restore, the Media Server temporary drive D:\TEMP, it becomes full ( it has 120GB of disk space available and turned to 64KB (!!)), and the Job fails with the message Error:  e000848f - Insufficient disk space.

V-79-57344-33935 - The path on the media server for staging temporary restore data when restoring ...

V-79-57344-65072 - Connection to the restore target has been lost.  Operation canceled.

V-79-57344-766 - Cannot log on to MAPI with the specified credentials. Review the resource credent...

V-79-57344-760 - Unable to open the item Database - skipped.

Anyone knows how much space it needs to temporary store a 1.2TB drive to restore 1 e-mail of 1800KB from a mailbox user ?

I'm I doing something wrong ?

Thank you

Filipe Quintino
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Backup exec stages the complete store not the complete data which you have on tape.you can chage the location of the staging by going to the backup job properties and going to advance Tab ...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

When you restore an individual Mailbox or Email from a GRT backup that is in tape, BackupExec  stages the entire store and then extracts the selected items

You can speficy where the staging area is (see the Admin Guide) but if you don't have enough disk space for the entire store  on one volume, you cannot do individual restores

ITI_Storage_Adm
Level 2
Hi Ken,

Thank you for your answer.

When you say, "stages the entire store", did you mean, the entire Mailbox Information Store or the entire Tape Store ?

The Tape have 1.2TB of compressed files, FULL's and INC's included, my information store, where the desired e-mail is, it has about 350GB. So it's a third.

MY major problem is that I don't have, at this moment, an 1.2TB Staging Area to uncompress and read the GRT Files, so at this moment, I have an identified issue.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Filipe Quintino

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Backup exec stages the complete store not the complete data which you have on tape.you can chage the location of the staging by going to the backup job properties and going to advance Tab ...

ITI_Storage_Adm
Level 2
Hi RahulG,

Thank you for your answer.

That's the answer I looked for.

Thank you very much for your help,

Best regards,

Filipe Quintino