cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Netware NDS and Data

Joseph_Isahack
Level 2
I need to restore NDS and Netware file Data that was backed up with BackupExec 8.1 from a Netware 6.1 Server to a Netware 5.0 Server. The two servers are on isolated networks.

Is this even possible?

I'm using a trial version of BackupExec 10.1 because no one in the organization can find the original media for 8.1. I installed the remote agent on the netware as server and start it with BESTART

When I try to restore to the 5.0 server which has the same name and NDS structure I get the following message:

0xe000fe28 a network connection to the server could not be established

I test my login credential before running the restore job and they pass.

I can backup from and restore to the netware 5.0 server without a problem. But I cannot restore the data from my 6.0 server.

Why am I using a 5.0 server because no one can find the license disk for netware 6.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

As per our understanding :

You have backedup a Netware 6.1 Server with BackupExec 8.1and now trying to restore these data to Netware 5.0 Server with BackupExec 10.1 ?

What is the exact version of older backup exec ?

With backup exec 10.1 this 5.0 version of Netware is not supported hence it may not work
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278254.htm

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Joseph_Isahack
Level 2
Thanks for you reply

The exact version that I used to backup my production netware server is 9.00 rev4454

I made a mistake in my post and said 8.1

Thanks again.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Did you try the backup using the compression?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.