Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore SQL Data base as a folder on different location with Backup Exec 2012

shakeelmo
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

I was trying to restore SQL Data base as a folder on different location with Backup Exec 2012.

Please let me know; is it possible to restore to seperate locations. 

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks,

Shakeel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Take a look at the SQL chapter in the Admin Guide.  It will let you know the various re-direction parameters, including re-direction to another SQL instance whether it is on the same machine ot another machine.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check pgs 732 & 634 of the Admin Guide.

Thanks!

dotlike
Level 3

you will have to do a file restore not a sql restore for to restore the database files to a different location. the wizard will give you the option to restore the files to another location.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How do you do a file restore when the .mdf and .ldf files are excluded from any backup by AFE?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

@shakeel - When BE backs up a SQL database, it does not backup the .mdf/.ldf files.  It actually does a database dump and the .mdf/.ldf files are excluded from any backup by AFE.  So if you are just looking to restore the SQL databases, just like files, it cannot be done.

However, you can restore a SQL database with re-direction and direct the .mdf/,ldf files to be created by the restore to another directory.

shakeelmo
Level 3
Certified

@pkh -thank you so much for the information. Re-direction means I can redirect to some other machine with sql server installed in it???

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Yes, as long as it has the RAWS agent installed.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Take a look at the SQL chapter in the Admin Guide.  It will let you know the various re-direction parameters, including re-direction to another SQL instance whether it is on the same machine ot another machine.

shakeelmo
Level 3
Certified

Thank you much every one........ I am in the process of geting  more information from Admin guide.

Thanks,

Shakeel