Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore SQL Database - no Details on select Window

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

Good Morning,

using BE 15 with Feature Pack1.

When i try to restore a SQL Database the Selection Window does not show any Details of the available Backups. (No Date, Time etc.) 
This makes it hard to decide what the right Backup for Restore is....

Is that known?

best regards

Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Select the DB and choose Next. On the next window, you can then choose the backup set which you require based on date/time.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How do you back up the SQL databases?  Have you purchased and installed the Agent for Applications and Databases?

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

Thanks for your Reply. Backup is made with the HyperV Agent. Agents are installed. This is a Small Business Installation, changed to Capacity Lite Edition recently.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you install the remote agent in the VM?  This is required for GRT.

Also, did you enable SQL GRT for the VM?

Did you expand the BIOS name of the VM?  See my article below

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-individual-filesfolders-vm-backup

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

Remote Agent is installed in the VM.

SQL GRT is also enabled.

The Bios Name is not expanded. I have added the Server and gave it the Name without the Domain...
But it looks like this is not the Problem because i can see single Files if i try to restore single Files. (And there i see also when the Backup is made... Please see my Screenshots. I think this makes clear what i mean.

On SQL Restore, how do i know when the Backups are made? There is no Date and Time shown...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As you can see in my article, after the VM backup, the Netbios name of the VM should appear automatically.  There is no need to add the server.

Click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and Install Options and Licences and check whether you have enabled the SQL option.  If not, enable it before you do your backup.

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

I have "expanded" the Name now and made a new Backup of the virtual Machine with the HyperV Agent. 

- No Date and Time is shown in Restore List. (Same as in the Screenshot in my Previous Post)
- Have also Made a Backup of the SQL Server via the Remote Agent, also no Date and Time is shown.
- There is no difference in the behaviour with our without "expanded" Bios Server-Name.

So, please imagine a lot of Backups made, (Even more than one on one Day) How will you select the correct Backup on the Selection List for the Restore Job? That is impossible without Details like Date and Time....

About your SQL Option (in Licensing). It looks like the Capacity Lite Edition has another Name for it, it is called here "Agent for Applications and Databases". (This is licensed and installed)

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Select the DB and choose Next. On the next window, you can then choose the backup set which you require based on date/time.

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

Ah thank you! I was always expecting the same Info as there are shown when i restore Files....