cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore VM Hyper-v

Shahin
Level 6

Hi Guy's,

I have a question regarding the restoring an Hyper-v machine with BE 15. we had VM server that last year we had to shut it down and removing it from the Hyper-v console, before that we did backup this VM server and then removed the VM from the Hyper-v console and delete the vhd files. now I need some files and want to resotre that virtual server, but now becuse the VM server is not exsit in the Hyper-v console I cannot resotring it. in the olbder version of the BE we could just resotre the vhd files but in the BE 15 is not possible.

Any idea how to restore this VM?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Dgatehouse
Level 3

Hi Shahin,

You should be able to catalog the media which will show the old HyperV host and the VM. Create a restore job for the files you wish to restore, and then choose "To a different location:prefix the source drive and path with a new drive and path."

Select the new HyperV server and submit the job. If you deselect the Register option the VM's files will be restored, but the server will not be added to HyperV. 

You can also submit a file GRT restore from the VM. I'm not sure what level of recovery you are looking for. I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Dexter

Hi Dexter,

Sorry for the delay,

My problem is that the VM Machine has been removed from the Hyper-v console, so when go to the restore a the server I cannot see it in the list of the VM machines.

Thanks

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you should first catalog the tape that cntains your backup data.

and than point to that tape and start your restore from your tape and not from your hyper-v server.