cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore VM fail due to credentials are not vaid

ORIX_MIS
Level 2
I am trying to restore a VM server from Backup Exec 15 to the VM host, I got an error message below. I have tested my credential on the server and got a test successful message on Backup Exec. also tried restore it from different VM host and local drive all given me the same result. Final error: 0xe0009b61 - Backup Exec could not log on to the server with the logon account specified for it. The logon account does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct in the logon account. Final error category: Security Errors The logon account that was provided does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct, and then try again. i have attached the error message screenshot on here.
2 REPLIES 2

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified
check which account is being used for the restore. The error is definitely pointing towards account chosen for restore. On the restore wizard "Which virtual machines or virtual disks do you want to restore" after selecting the VM check the credentials chosen by clicking on Test/Edit credential on the same page. confirm if the account chosen for the restore has appropriate rights.

Hi Gurvinder,

I have tried your method to test the logon acount given me Test Failed and Test Recommand. 

2019-02-13 16_20_24-172.16.10.76 - Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7.png

I also tested the credential on Configuration and Settings > Logon Accounts > manage Logon Accounts > but this time the result are successful. same username and password on above.

2019-02-13 16_46_43-172.16.10.76 - Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7.png