cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore catalog shows only partial list

avstar1k100
Level 3

Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP3. Full backup was successfull, but when do a restore. The resouces only list a partial of home user folders from A* to P* and missing after that. But the same policy used for the incremental shows complete from  A* to Z*. No error in alerts. I did catalog rebuild, index. Even created a new catalog folder. In selection unchecked both begin and end date. Please help. TIA.

13 REPLIES 13

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,

Is this a restore from tape?  If it is from tape  - run a duplicate to disk job and then restore from the disk.

and because it might be the issued shown here http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH210492  install SP4

avstar1k100
Level 3

Yes, it is from tape. How to run a duplicate to disk job?

I'm downloading SP4 now, will try after duplicate to disk.

Thanks

lmosla
Level 6

for info on creating a duplicate job see this link http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24544

avstar1k100
Level 3

I don't think I have enough disk space 4TB to do B2D. If you have no other suggestion I'll install SP4.

Thanks

avstar1k100
Level 3

Getting error when install SP

Error 1935. an error occurred during the installation of assembly component

{74c557b6b-ff6e-3825-be02-778e14e3e0e3c}

hresult: 0x9007054f

avstar1k100
Level 3

I have this problem since I upgraded to SP3, before that all full backup were shown complete of home users folders.Please advise. Thanks

avstar1k100
Level 3

Imosla;

Do you have any idea of error above? Or any suggestion to repair catolog?

Thanks

Mai_Ali
Level 4
Accredited Certified

For pervious error that appear when you dploy SP, it related with windows. ensure that windows installer service is running.

For Restore Partial, verify that you already took full backup without any warring or error. and if you have any error in log you can post it to know more details about this issue.

avstar1k100
Level 3

Mai Ali;

Windows Installer sevice is running.

Which log do I suppose to check?

Thanks

Mai_Ali
Level 4
Accredited Certified

Log of Backup

avstar1k100
Level 3

I don't see any problem indicates of catalog missing records.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried recreating the job which should be simple since you are using a policy?

avstar1k100
Level 3

I'm running a manual full backup now, take a while. Then to see if the restore shows complete of resources. Will post soon.