cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore data to external drive

Kerm007
Level 4

hello 

im trying to restore data from old tapes to an external disk and i get this error :

The job failed with the following error: Unable to restore Utility Partition data to non Utility Partition device.

Final error: 0xe00084a2 - Unable to restore Utility Partition data to non Utility Partition device.

should i be concern ?

haven't play with Backup exec in years 

Regards 

7 REPLIES 7

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified
If you want to restore the entire server then that set on tape can be used. Utility partition restore to an external disk may not be permitted ( may need to test in-house as well ) .
However if the intention is to keep a copy of the backup set on external disk, then a duplicate job can be run to configured disk storage so that a copy exists on disk storage as well.

Kerm007
Level 4

we want to backup data on external drive to get rid of the old disk and probably the device also 

regards 

Gurvinder

So configure the external storage as a B2D and then create a duplicate job to new external disk. Is this tried ?

Kerm007
Level 4

hello 

what is b2d 

i have no job i just click on the disk and chose what i want to restore and where 

Kerm007
Level 4

hello i get what you mean but i want to restore the data from old tapes to external disk it work for some but some time i get the error i mention maybe it depend on what i want to restore ?

Thanks 

Gurvinder

Yes, in that case it was the utility partition info. If you are just after the Data then utility partition restore may not be needed. You can restore the data drives or System State redirect restore to disk etc.

Kerm007
Level 4

ok and went i choose the data to be restored on the external drive can i exclude the utility partition ?

Thanks