cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore data to new computer

Mhas
Not applicable
I have one question,
if i want to recover data from tapes to a new computer (server) how i will do it
because when i install symantec to the new server i will not find the previous done jobs in it
what is the way to find the jobs that done for any tape

Thanks and Regards
2 REPLIES 2

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Question : Want to restore entire server to a new hardware....It is possible.

Assuming its a member server and not a domain controller ;

Configure the NEW server with same NAME , let the NEW server in workgroup, keeping the OLD server OFF....
Install Remote Agent for Backup Exec on the NEW server, Add the Backup Exec Service Account as a Local Admin for the NEW server.
Perform an inventory and catalog on the TAPE which contains backups of the OLD server. Select all the Drives, System State and Shadow Copy Components in the Restore Selection and run the restore job.

Hope this helps....

kevin_c
Level 4
Install media ( or and find it the backup to disk )
Go to the devices and choose inventory in the correct place. this should take no longer than a couple of mins
Then once inventory finished go back and choose cataloge. Wait this can take mins or hours depending on the data and the make up of the data on the tape. Just took 2 mins for me. Once you have done this choose restore option and then you can select it in a variety of ways and then remember that you may want to select the overwrite options with in settings options etc.

Kevin