cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore fails with Error 0xe0000603

Jaro510
Level 2

Hello,

I want to recover some tapes back of 2005. The backup is divided into two bands, and included multiple Windows servers.

The former backup server no longer exists for a few years, so we had to catalog the old tapes again. Cataloguing proceeded without error.

When recover the tapes I get however the error: 0xe0000603 - From the Backup Exec database is reported that the currently loaded data are the continuation of the recently read medium. The existing on the medium according to information however, is not a continuation.

Additional Infermationen under V-79-57344-1539

For this error I find nothing in the net (at least not on subject restore). A note was that you should turn off media based catalogs and "
request all media in the sequence for catalog operations" in the options. Both were set that way. On result that did not change.

In German:

Hallo,

Ich möchte ein paar Bänder aus 2005 zurücksichern. Die Sicherung ist auf zwei Bänder verteilt und umfasste mehrere Windows-Server.

Der damalige Sicherungsserver existiert seit einigen Jahren nicht mehr, so dass wir die alten Bänder neu katalogisieren mussten. Die Katalogisierung verlief ohne Fehler.

Beim Rücksichern erhalte ich allerdings den Fehler: 0xe0000603 - Von der Backup Exec-Datenbank wird gemeldet, dass die derzeit geladenen Daten die Fortsetzung des soeben gelesenen Mediums sind. Den auf dem Medium vorhandenen Informationen zufolge handelt es sich jedoch nicht um eine Fortsetzung.

Zusätzliche Infermationen unter V-79-57344-1539

Zu diesem Fehler finde ich so gut wie nichts (zumindest nicht beim Thema Rücksicherung). Ein Hinweis war, dass man in den Optionen die Mediengestützte Kataloge und "Alle Medien der Folge für Katalogvorgänge anfordern" deaktivieren soll. Beides wurde so eingestellt. Am Ergebnis änderte das nichts.

Gruß Jaro

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Could be a possibility that the data/tape is corrupt or the backup set is overwritten.

Are you able to run a "duplicate" of the backup sets from tape to a disk storage ?

Jaro510
Level 2

Yes, I tried that. We have three more backup sets with the same problem. These are montly backups of 2005. On the 12 montly backups there are three with that error (June - August).