cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from BE2012 fails - 0xe00084e7 - No data error reading from media

cloverme
Not applicable

While I wait for a support call back, I figure that I would post in the forum for support.  I've been backing up a SQL server with BackupExec to data deduplication disk storage.  Now I want to restore a Full Backup of a database from a "successfull backup" and I get the error:

Final error: 0xe00084e7 - No data error reading from media

Final error category: Backup Media Errors

An unknown error occured on device "Deduplication disk storage 0001:1". V-79-57344-34023 - No data error reading from media.

I'm using the Backup Exec 3600 R2 appliance, it's showing all the disks are fine. I've run the Inventory & Catalog process which completes successfully as well run all the updates. Backup are still working fine, but it seems like something is amiss when restoring the data.  I'm choosing the options to restore the SQL database to a redirected server. I'm suspecting something along the lines that it's having difficulty grabbing that single database out of the datadedupe backup, but I have no proof of that. As a test, from another backup (of the file system ), I've restored a single file to the same redirected server successfully. 

Stumped.

1 REPLY 1

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Just to ensure the backup is fine please try to duplicate to a Disk (B2D) and test a restore from this duplicate backup set on B2D