cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from deduplication storage from backup set more than 50Gb hangs

w0wchandr
Level 2

Hello,

We have two BackupExec 2014 SP2 servers running Windows 2008R2/Windows2012R2. Both servers have problem restoring backup sets from deduplication storage. During restore job 50Gb (one virtual media) completes, then another virtual loaded. After it job in status running, but nothing happens (it hangs for more until we cancel the job). The problem occurs almost with every backup sets more than 50Gb (one virtual media).

The only way to restore - is to duplicate to another storage and restore from it. But this way is not acceptable, cause it significantly increase restore time and require another storage to make duplicate.

Thanks in advance

Vladimir

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...your media is 50GB in size? That's large which means if 1 corrupts you lose the ability to restore 50GB of data!

Have you checked to make sure there are any messages displayed in the Job Monitor?

Thanks!

w0wchandr
Level 2

I suppose 50Gb is default size. i`ve changed nothing, BE 2014 operates with 50Gb media (at least when using disk storages). there is no messages/errors in the Job Monitor/Job log, just running.

I`m absolutely confident that media is not corrupt, cause i successfylly do duplicate job to another storage from the same backup set without any problems. and restore job from duplicate backup set competes successfully.

Thanks

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If it hangs at 50GB then it is the media mount request for the next media item that is slow - and with deduplicaton this can be indicative of some background problems within the deduplication structure itself.

You might need to log a formal support case for this to be looked at - although an update to BE 15 FP4  - with some fixes and enhancements against Deduplication might be a good idea.