cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from disk folders fails

Level 3
Hi there,

I am trying to run a restore from a backup job that was saved to a disk folder. The restore is being re-directed. Every time I start it, it fails with Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred. If I backup the same data to tape and restore it from tape it works fine. This is very worrying as I have over 150GB of data that is being saved to disk that could turn out to be totally useless!

Please help!

Regards,
Glenn
4 REPLIES 4

Kerm
Level 5
Is the disk physically local to the BEX server? I had failures with a locally mounted iSCSI disk until I reformatted the disk with 16KB clusters.

Level 3
Really! Mine are currently set to the default 64K. The disks are indeed local.

However, I ran a backup and restore from tape during the night and that failed too! It got a lot further than the disks but it still failed with the same error. I'm completely stuck nowMessage was edited by:

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi

We would like to know whether you have upgraded to Backup Exec version 10.0 from v9.1?

Please verify that Remote Agent service is running under Local System Account? Please check the version of beremote.exe also. Have you cataloged these B2D folgeds before performing re-directed restore? Was it successful?

We would also like to know which data is being restored ? (Exchnage or SQL? )

It will be helpful if you can paste the exact error message here.

Thank you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.