cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore in different location, But no files at folder (EMPTY)

Ranjan4d
Level 3

We are using Windows 2012 Operating system with BACKUP EXEC 2014, When we try to restore in original it done, But in different location it restore empty folders their is no files, but the job history is successful.

We also reinstall the BACKUP EXEC 2014 but still the problem is their, This problem is exist more than a month, I am in a critical suitvation Pls Help me......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ranjan4d
Level 3

Issue has been sloved only after installing Backup exec 2015, Before that No sloution

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Post some screenshots of the restore job set up...

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What type of files are you trying to restore ?

VMDK / VHDs ? DFSR data ?

Ranjan4d
Level 3

Here the srceen shot of job history

Ranjan4d
Level 3

They taking backup of multiple types of file such as pdf, xls, doc,docx, some of media etc..,

VJware
Level 6

Try restoring without security attributes/permissions.

Ranjan4d
Level 3

#VJware : s, we try the step which you mentioned (without security/permission) but it also fails

Ranjan4d
Level 3

All disk are NTFS and all the disk is a local disk (not mapped through storage ie, no LUN)

VJware
Level 6

Are you using the System Logon Account for the restore ?

Explicitly grant full permissions to the System Logon Account at the target folder.

Lastly, you may need to log a formal support case for an engineer to have a look @ your setup and restore.

Ranjan4d
Level 3

1.Yes restoring by using System Logon Account only, because the account logon by domain admin.

2. We take webex with veritas tech support for past few weeks, but they said that ( Doing research on this problem ).

VJware
Level 6

Pls send me your case number via pvt message. Thanks.

Ranjan4d
Level 3

Kindly help me, with this problem...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you restore locally to the media server, do you end up with the files?

Are you not perhaps going past the 256 character limit on the remote server? Ie. you can only have less than 256 characters in a folder structure?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6

Had a quick look @ your case & it seems this is a DFS / DFSR related backup.

If this is the case, are you redirecting the restore to another server with an active DFSR writer ?

Ranjan4d
Level 3

DFS/DFSR are not used in the server, But the services are running among ADS

Ranjan4d
Level 3

Issue has been sloved only after installing Backup exec 2015, Before that No sloution