cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Restore job reaches 100% on the status but keeps going.

acobb87
Not applicable

Setup:

We are utilizing 2 servers to restore; our backup server LABMGT00 and our SQL Server LABDB01. I am running Backup Exec 2014 on a Windows 2008 R2 server, and SQL Server 2012 standard on Windows 2008 R2. This setup is completely isolated and was created to mimic our Production setup.

Issue:

I am trying to restore data we backup from our production server, the size of the job is 1.97 TB and the backup is all on one LTO6 tape (we were using 2 LTO5 tapes with they database split on both, but it was causing too many issues). I am able to inventory and catalog with no problems; When i create a restore job it will reach 100% on the status, but it will continue for an extremely long time. For this particular job it takes about 11 hours to reach 100%, so i let it continue running until it pasted 24 hours.

After I verified the data was there on the SQL Server (Which it was) I tried to hold the job, after 30 minutes it did nothing so I tried to cancel and that did nothing. I ended up stopping the Backup Exec services on LABMGT00. This stopped the active job, and the data was still on LABDB01.

Question:

I tried to restore a smaller job, it was 60.4 Gb, and it was able to reach a status of 100% in 50 minutes, but it took 2 hours before the job stopped running and reported successful. I have not tried to re-run the large job yet, but is this normal? is there anyway to find out why it is taking it so long? since i can see the data after it reaches 100% am i able to add or delete rows?

I am extreamly new to BE, and I only know the few things related to backing up and restoring. So anything, even basic information, is helpful.

Thank you,

Anthony

0 REPLIES 0