Restore job stuck in Pre-Processing

I´m trying to do an redirect restore on users mailbox and the job stuck in Pre-Processing state.

The exchange version is 2013.

I have restart the windows server and run inventory on the disk storage.

For a mounth ago I did redirect restore and also restore to PST file and that get OK

Have any ideas how to solve this?

/Matts

 
 
Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: Restore job stuck in Pre-Processing

can you try restore by specifying the client access server name in the restore to different location section of restore job and see if it goes through.

Re: Restore job stuck in Pre-Processing

Hm I´m not sure what do you mean with client access server name.

For infromation the exchange is DAG

In the restore wizard I select "To a different location" on server I type "CUSTOMEREXDAG01" on next page 

I select "To mailboxes" I type the mailbox name 

Re: Restore job stuck in Pre-Processing

From one of the Exchange DAG node, open Exchange management Shell and type "Get-ClientAccessServer" and in the BE redirected restore window, use the server name shown instead of using DAG name

Highlighted

Re: Restore job stuck in Pre-Processing

HI 

The customer have tree mail server in the Exchange DAG node and I have try to restore to all tree servers (try tree times) and the job is still stuck in Pre-Processing state any suggeistions.

 

Matts