cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore multiple files at the same time using search

dori_bashan
Level 6

Hello

We have the need to restore 25 files from tape.

I know the names of the files i want to restore and i can find them without any issue when searching the catalogs.

I dont know when the files were copied to tape, so i can't restore them when using  Point in Time restore, as this is a daily backup with more than 100 snapshots.

Also, all the files are locating in a diffrent folder so i can't just restore the entore folder.

When searching the catalogs. i can only mark one file for a restore job

Trying to search  a seocnd file resulted BE tells me that the first selection will be ignored.

This make it difficult and time cosuming as i need to create 25 restore jobs instaed of one job with multiple files.

is it possible to create a Restore job that will contain multiple files restore when using the search catalogs?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I was able to select multiple files and restore them at the same time in my test server. But in my case, I used a Disk Storage. Possibly, the file selections which are you making is on multiple tapes and hence, the restriction.

dori_bashan
Level 6

the 25 files are on a 5 tapes backup set, so some of them must be on the same tapes

i guess this is not an option for tape restore

Thanks