cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore not working

acallis
Level 3

I am running backup exec 2014 and i am trying to restore a file from a backup to a VM on one of its network drives. The backups work great, but i tested the restore and get this every time " The backup exec server was unable to connect to remote machine (null) becuase a network interface mating the selected bakcup via netowrk parameters could not be found." 

10 REPLIES 10

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Are you restoring the file to the UNC path of the share on the VM?

2) Is the remote agent installed in the targeted VM?

acallis
Level 3

Pkh yes for the unc and yes the remote agent is installed, Trust is establish, the backup works perfect. Just tested the restore and get the error every time.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Instead of restoring to the share, you restore to the underlying directory. i.e. specify file redirection and specify the server, drive and directory.

acallis
Level 3

Tried that and now i am getting this error.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does a restore to the local BE media server work fine ?

Have you set any settings under Network & Security options ?

acallis
Level 3

No the restore to local be doen't work either.

screen shot of my settings in netowrk and security

VJware
Level 6

What exactly are you trying to restore ? (Or rather what was exactly backed up & how)

And have you ran a successful restore from any other backup ?

acallis
Level 3

i am trying to restore a test folder i created that had a iso file in it. Just to test out my restore. And no i have not tried restoring anything else.

VJware
Level 6

Was this file/folder backed up using the standard Remote Agent ?

Try restoring files from other backup as well to rule out issues with this particular backup.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) If you are restoring from tape, duplicate the backup set to disk and then restore from the disk backup set.

2) Restore a couple of files to a normal disk storage created on an internal disk on the media server.