Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore of Exchange Public folder received dates all same

Lindsay_Muir
Level 3

Backup Exec 2010 R3

Exchange 2010

When I try and do a restore of a Public folder, the received dates are all the same (the date and time of the restore)

I need the original dates of the messages to be of any use.

Any help appreciated

10 REPLIES 10

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

What dates show up when you browse the Information Store before restoring the data?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I do know that this was the case in BE 2012 and it has been fixed in BE 2014, however, I don't recall if this affected BE 2010 as well or not. Let me research a bit and get back to you.

Lindsay_Muir
Level 3

Hi,

The actual dates show up, the ones i would like restored.

Thanks 

CraigV

...if you manually duplicate to disk and then try the restore again, are the dates still showing up the same?

Thanks!

Lindsay_Muir
Level 3

Hi Craig,

Not really sure what you mean, I backup to disk, then duplicate to USB drive

Cheers

Lindsay

Lindsay_Muir
Level 3

I would appreciate if you could find out

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Looks like it did affect certain setups of BE 2010 as well. Would recommend to upgrade to BE 2014, else to log a formal support case for us to review this further.

CraigV

...you only mentioned your backup strategy now, but if you backup to tape, it has to duplicate the full Information Store to disk first, before restoring a single item.

So my suggestion was based on manually duplicating from tape, as this was the assumption made.

Thanks!

Lindsay_Muir
Level 3

Hi,

I've just tried to install the 2014 trial, but keep getting failures in starting up services.

I've tried all the usual accounts with full access rights

CraigV

Lindsay: Make sure the SQL service has started first, and also check to see if an AV isn't perhaps blocking those services from starting up.

Thanks!