cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore only files that have changed? Backupexec 2010

Justin_durrant
Level 2

Hey all, here is the situation..Our SAN died and we had to restore backup copies of our VMs taken by VEEAM. Unfortuneately, these copies are three weeks old. However, we do have tape backups. We are spinning up the old VMs but I am wondering if it is possible to setup the backupexec restore job to only restore files that are missing or have changed in the last three weeks? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What are these tape backups that you are talking about?  If these are backups of the backups are taken by VEEAM then you can only restore the VM's using VEEAM and not BE.  BE is only of use to restore your VEEAM backups to disk.  It cannot do anything beyond that.

If these tape backups are backups taken by BE, then you can just do a restore over existing files.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What are these tape backups that you are talking about?  If these are backups of the backups are taken by VEEAM then you can only restore the VM's using VEEAM and not BE.  BE is only of use to restore your VEEAM backups to disk.  It cannot do anything beyond that.

If these tape backups are backups taken by BE, then you can just do a restore over existing files.

Nabil_polska
Level 4
Employee Accredited

i confirm that backup exec cannot Restore backups done via other source , its question of catalogs

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Thank you for confirming what I have said.