cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore single mail Backup exec 2014

ihajjar
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I am trying to restore a single mail to a mailbox I got this error any one can help me ?

Error :

Exchange 2010 restore fails with "0xe00003bf - Cannot open one or more mail messages because of unknown Exchange Web Service errors"

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You have no choice. You have to get sufficient disk space before you can do the restore. Find sufficient disk space on one of your volumes, duplicate the tape backup set to this disk and restore from the disk backup set

View solution in original post

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

ihajjar,

You could provide additional storage such as an external drive or USB device for the temporary staging location that is required when restoring from tape.

You would need to point the temp staging location to the disk device provide which has enough space and it needs to be an NTFS volume. To do this you would first change the GRT temp staging location from the backup Exec settings by:

1. Click on the BE icon in the upper left corner of the console and pointing to “Configuration and Settings”

2. Select the option for “Backup Exec Settings”

3. In the left pane select “Granular Recovery Technology”

4. Under the option for “Restore” change location to the drive letter of the device or another location that is on a NTFS volume

5. Select “Ok”

6. Open up a new restore job and configure the job settings accordingly

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

See if this KB helps -

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH190749

ihajjar
Level 4
Partner Accredited

i tried this KB but i still have the same problem

muhanad_daher
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

what type of backup (GRT or normal)?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you restoring from tape or disk ? If tape, do ensure you have sufficient free space on the media server to stage the entire Information Store.

As this is a generic error, it will be helpful to review the SGMon and EWS debug logs.

ihajjar
Level 4
Partner Accredited
it’s a GRT backup VJware: i am restoring form a tape, if i have no sufficient free space on the media how can i fix this issue

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You have no choice. You have to get sufficient disk space before you can do the restore. Find sufficient disk space on one of your volumes, duplicate the tape backup set to this disk and restore from the disk backup set

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

ihajjar,

You could provide additional storage such as an external drive or USB device for the temporary staging location that is required when restoring from tape.

You would need to point the temp staging location to the disk device provide which has enough space and it needs to be an NTFS volume. To do this you would first change the GRT temp staging location from the backup Exec settings by:

1. Click on the BE icon in the upper left corner of the console and pointing to “Configuration and Settings”

2. Select the option for “Backup Exec Settings”

3. In the left pane select “Granular Recovery Technology”

4. Under the option for “Restore” change location to the drive letter of the device or another location that is on a NTFS volume

5. Select “Ok”

6. Open up a new restore job and configure the job settings accordingly

ihajjar
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Thanks all thats very helpful I resolved my issue