cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore woes

Dave_Rutz
Level 3
Hi all!

I'm using BE 11d (fully patched and updated) with an Exabyte Autoloader (10 tapes). All of the tapes have bar codes and the backups complete successfully. When trying to restore, BE goes into "Queued" status, asking me to import the specific tape. It's already in the autoloader so I click the tape and import it. That also completes successfully and the properties of the tape show the correct used/free space. Retrying the restore again results in the same scenario, over and over.

Then I erased all of the catalog files, exported all of the tapes, reimported them, catalogued the specific tape for the restore (completed successfully with correct byte count) then recreated a new restore job (either by resource or by media) by right-clicking on the media. The tape backup date corresponds to the date of the files I want to restore.  Same result: "Please import media blah blah blah...". Next step could be to maybe change all of the bar code stickers to something never used, inventory and import the media, catalog it and try again but I have my doubts...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dave
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Have you tried inventorying the slot to let BE know that tape is there before submitting the restore job?

Lively
Level 5
Are there any span jobs on the tape?  IE:  did a job write to this tape, and end up finishing on a 2nd tape?  If so, you may need to have the 2nd tape in the library.  Still just run a catalog on the first tape, but it may pull the 2nd tape to finish the catalog

Dave_Rutz
Level 3
I have tried about everything I can think of... Inventory on the slot, inventory of the device, import, export, import again, catalog, restart server, restart autoloader, clean drive, etc...

Dave_Rutz
Level 3

Full backup job that overwrites the tape. One single tape for the backup (50GB out of 78GB).