Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore

Gerald_Graves
Level 2
I had to rebuild my 2003 server.
It is now up and running with BE 9.1.
I have restored my data files.
Now I would like to restore my tape catalog and job sets from the tape.

Thanks
Gerald
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
On your latest backup tape, in the ..\BackupExec\NT\Data folder, look for BEDB.BAK, restore that, then use BEUTIL, pointed at this file to recover your backup system info.Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Gerald_Graves
Level 2
Ken

Thanks
Do I restore the complete directory or just that one file?
What BE utility do I run?

Gerald

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

If you need to restore data that you had earlier backed up to tape., then "Catalog" the tape and run a restore job.

A tape can be catlogged from the "Media" tab. Just right click on the tape and select "Catalog".

If what you intend is to restore all the selection lists, media sets, job definitions from the earlier installation of Backup Exec 9.1, then you would need to use the BEDB.BAK from the "DATA" folder that you had saved ( did you..?) to another server before reinstalling the operating system.

Copy the older BEDB.BAK into the Backup Exec directory , rename the existing one and follow the steps as per:

How to perform a Disaster Recovery of a VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) media server, including the Backup Exec instance

http://support.veritas.com/docs/261638

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.