cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restored excel files are corrupt

madlalan
Level 4

HI guys can you please advise, when i restore backed up files they come up corrupt like attached picture.

it only files that are backed up on PC's using DLO.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madlalan
Level 4

this has been solved the files are corrupt only on the network location where they backed up at and not on local machine and mistake was not using the dlo to restore them but rather copying from network location.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Are those files encrypted at all?

Thanks!

madlalan
Level 4

you mean before backup?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Either-or...

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Whilst you might get a valid answer here, please be aware that we have a specific DLO forum which can be used for all versions of DLO (so not specific to the latest stand alone releases)

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/forums/desktop-laptop-option

madlalan
Level 4

@Craig  No

Thanks Colin.

madlalan
Level 4

I'm having the same issue as this guy https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/excel-files-getting-corrupted-veritas-backexec-dlo-ag... and i see his post wasnt solved i think maybe i neeed to open a case.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

These files are encrypted. (By default backups stored in the NUDF are encrypted)

Run this command from the DLO directory using cmd:-

dlocommandu -emergencyrestore "usersharepath" -w "recoverypassword" -ap "destination-path"

"usersharepath" must be in quotes. This must be the NUDF path specifically to the user's sub-directory where a .recovery2 file exists.

"recoverypassword" is the recovery password specified during the DLO installation/config.

"destination-path" must be in quotes. This should be an UNC path to a share.

madlalan
Level 4

this has been solved the files are corrupt only on the network location where they backed up at and not on local machine and mistake was not using the dlo to restore them but rather copying from network location.