cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring SharePoint item from search using Backup Exec 2012

gwsysadmin
Level 2

I'd like to get the granular restore from search working when using a SharePoint 2010 backup.  I've discovered what I need to put in the "location" field with file restores and exchange restores but nothing I put in there for SharePoint seems to work.

What needs to be in the location field?  The only way I can return any search results is if I put anything into the "location" field and nothing into the file name field.  When I do that it returns all the results in my whole SharePoint farm.

I've tried using the content database name and URL and neither of those work.

2 REPLIES 2

gwsysadmin
Level 2

Ok, I believe I've figured out how to search for SharePoint files but has anyone successfully used the search feature for Exchange or any other type of restore?  I thought this new feature would come in handy for when people say they deleted an email "around a certain timeframe" but unless you specify a very small 1 or 2 day backup range the search seems to take forever and usually doesn't ever finish. 

AshwinApte
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

How are you giving the search criteria? Just a day range or also something else like a mailbox name? If your exchange database is huge there is a chance that the results maybe taking time to show up if you are not using more granular filters.

Try giving a mailbox name plus the date range as the search criteria.

Thanks