cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring VM (not able to check virtual machine)

Marecki
Level 2

I've problem with restoring virtual machines from one of my Windows 2012 Server. Backup job seems to work properly I'am able to choose which vm I want to backup. And when the job is finished i dont have any errors. The backup job is made from vm host. After backup when I try to restore one of my vm from the host I see all of the machines but I can't check any of it. I can restore files and folders from backup to any of the vm wich are on the host but I can't restro whole v machine. I've also more MS 2012 and I can restore vm from different host without any problems. GRT is anabled is anyone had similar problem?

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Do you have a hypervisor agent license for the host? Check that your version of BE is on the correct SP to backup the host

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Ideally, if the Agent for Vmware & Hyper-V was used to backup the VMs from the host, then there would be two restore options.

1) If you highlight the host and choose restore, you will get the option to restore only the complete VM

2) If you highlight the VM and choose restore, you will get the option to restore only the files and folders.

Can you post a screenshot of the restore selections windows and what option do you get when you right-click and choose restore from host ? Thanks.

mietekszczesnia
Level 3

I have a similar problem,
We have BackupExec 2014 V-Ray.

error_0.png