cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring data from a duplicate backup set

FluxBlocker
Level 3

What am I doing wrong? We recently implemented a new D2D2T system.  The D2D is a HP D2D 2504 which uses deduplication.  From a full backup to the D2D we make a duplicate backup set to tape using an HP 1x8 G2 autoloader.  We use BE 12.5 on Windows 2003 Standard server with the Library Expansion option.  The data is backed up to the D2D and then a 'duplicate backup set' job is run to copy the backed up data to tape for offsite storage.  We lost some data and also the library on the D2D was lost (dumbest mistake ever), and I am trying to restore from one of the tapes.  When I catalog the tape in BE, it completes successfully but it says the tape contains over 400 GB when the tape's capacity is only 200 (LTO-2 we did not use compression).  I am guessing this has something to do with the deduplication that's taking place on the D2D device?  Then of course, when I try to restore after the "successful" catalog, it says the data must first be cataloged.  Someone please help me before I completely go insane and wind up in a mental institute. Any help would be appreciated very, very much!

Thanks in advance,

Flux
0 REPLIES 0