Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring data from b2d

Yaniv_Cohen
Level 2

hello

Here is the situation :

I have a production BE 2010 R3 Server.

I have manage to backup all my data successfully to B2d Internal Hard Drive.

The mission I am trying to accomplish is to have a DRP BE Server which I would be able to restore that data In case of crises.

I do have a DR dedicated server (different from the production one ) which I would like to restore the data to.

The inventory step I do successfully and I can see The media label

When I try to catalog the media I get this error:

Final error: 0xe000810d - Physical Volume Library Media not found.

I have uncheck the ” Use storage media-based catalog “as the forum says bud it wasn’t helpful

More details:

Windows 2008 r2 64

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH159396

Yaniv_Cohen
Level 2

Hi

thank u for your help but i tryed to do what you hav sayes ant the massege i get now is:

Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation. Final error category: Backup Media Errors

any idea?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Yaniv,

Did you inventory and catalog the media before trying to restore it?

You can also try the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47792

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you do your cataloging, uncheck the request media in sequence option.

Yaniv_Cohen
Level 2

I have succeeded to inventory the folder and all the media that physically exist on the disk is listed.

Do I have to catalog all the Medias one by one? What about the inventory?

Should I Catalog them one by one as well?

When I try to catalog only one media it starts and then failed with the error message above.

In addition, can I delete the c:\programFiles\Catalog Folder? Will it be automatically created?

A screenshot is attached

Thanks in advance.

CraigV

You should be able to highlight them all and then run the catalog job...try that and report back!

Thanks!

Yaniv_Cohen
Level 2

HI

still getting the error : e000810d

please advice.

CraigV

...can't find anything about this, so I'd suggest opening a support case with Symantec directly. Should they help you in finding a solution, please post back here with the information and close it off!

Thanks!