cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring data from previous version of Backup Exec

AhMeR
Level 3

Good day all,
I am running backup exec version 12.5. I had few tapes that have data from backup exec version 10d. I had to restore data from these tapes. I imported those tapes and inventory them.
After inventoring I moved those tapes from backup exec and windows backup media set to weekly media set (weekly media set is created by me).
After moving those tapes to weekly media I ran catalog operation. Then I tried to restore one job. The message I recieved ""Selected media was not found in catalog. You must first catalog media if you want to use it for restore operation". I ran catalog operation again. Catalog operation was successful but when I tried to restore data. Again same message ""Selected media was not found in catalog. You must first catalog media if you want to use it for restore operation"." appeared. I ran catalog few times but still whenever I tried to restore data. The message "Selected media was not found in catalog. You must first catalog media if you want to use it for restore operation" appeared again. How can I restore data from tapes? is any one faced same situation like this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

When you restore you have a date range showing the earliest date you want to restore from, and the latest.
Check to make sure that your tape's date is selected from that...I normally make my dates a few days BEFORE the day I want to restore from.

Laters!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

When you restore you have a date range showing the earliest date you want to restore from, and the latest.
Check to make sure that your tape's date is selected from that...I normally make my dates a few days BEFORE the day I want to restore from.

Laters!

AhMeR
Level 3
Thanks for your help Craig.
After changing date range, i was able to restore data from these tapes.