cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring data

Febby
Level 2
 Hello I have a client that has been backing up data, we went to do a restore, and it is not working. I see media sets that I can catalog, then restore from, but I put in a tape from the beggining of last year and it does not see it, how do I restore from a tape  when the software does not already have it in there? Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

C_Andy
Level 4
 Hi Febby, Put the tape in the drive & go to the Devices section.  Right-click the device in question and choose Inventory.  Go to the Job Monitor section and wait for it to complete.  Pop back to the Devices section & right-click & choose Catalogue this time.  Again, wait for the job to complete on the Job Monitor section.  You can now view the entirety of the tape's content, providing an error didn't occur - from this you can work out where the original data was stored & locate that part in the Restore's selection section.
Hope this helps

Andy

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

C_Andy
Level 4
 Hi Febby, Put the tape in the drive & go to the Devices section.  Right-click the device in question and choose Inventory.  Go to the Job Monitor section and wait for it to complete.  Pop back to the Devices section & right-click & choose Catalogue this time.  Again, wait for the job to complete on the Job Monitor section.  You can now view the entirety of the tape's content, providing an error didn't occur - from this you can work out where the original data was stored & locate that part in the Restore's selection section.
Hope this helps

Andy