cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring files from BE10

paul_st
Level 3
 Hi All,
I am bit new to BE10 & have been trying to restore .pst files to a WinXp notebook. The backup file is on a server 2003 Backup server & when I double-click to open it, it starts a backup or restore files and settings wizard . When at the 'What To Restore' section, I tried to expand the backup file to select the backed up Outlook folder, then I clicked the browse button to navigate over LAN to the notebook & then to the folder I want to restore. My question is, do I have this process backwards, what is the file I need to catalog and how do I go about setting that up?

It seems like no matter which method I use, I get an error message saying, the backup file contains unrecognized data and cannot be used!!
Any idea...

Paul
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shirmal
Level 5
hi paul,
With the information you've given, I cannot understand the exact reason. But I suggest you to get your job done,  go to the central server that has backupexec on it, click on restore to start the wizard and restore to a directory on that server. Then you can transfer to the laptop later. Try it.

shirmal

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shirmal
Level 5
hi paul,
With the information you've given, I cannot understand the exact reason. But I suggest you to get your job done,  go to the central server that has backupexec on it, click on restore to start the wizard and restore to a directory on that server. Then you can transfer to the laptop later. Try it.

shirmal

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Paul,

Do you have a RAWS agent installed on that laptop? If not, that's the first thing to look at before restoring data. It won't restore to anything unless that RAWS agent is present.

Laters!