cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring multiple files

Martin_Stack
Level 2
Not sure if there is an easy way of doing this: We have a need sometimes of restoring a lot of files that are arranged in various parts of our directory structure. The file name relates to the name of the directory that it is in, for example filename 3299169.jds would be located in directory 1\6\7\3299169.jds, 3299169 converts to 325761 hex and the last 3 numbers correspond to the first 3 directories (1 6 7). If I am asked to restore 200 files I would have to go through each selection 200 times! Would anyone know of a way of submitting a list of files that would automatically create a restore list?
3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the following technote:

How to use "Advanced File Selection" to restore multiple files of different extensions in one restore job in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x
http://support.veritas.com/docs/272116

If my presumption is incorrect regarding your query then please revert.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Martin_Stack
Level 2
Ajit,
Thank you for your help on this matter, it's not exactly the solution I need however what you have shown me would be very usefull with other types of restores,Regards

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Can you explain the following part in your mail: The file name relates to the name of the directory that it is in, for example filename 3299169.jds would be located in directory 1\6\7\3299169.jds, 3299169 converts to 325761 hex and the last 3 numbers correspond to the first 3 directories (1 6 7). ?
It seems that you wish to create something like a restore job selection list. If thats what you are talking about, you can choose the files you need to restore manually before.Or you can create the selection list manually and choose the needed files. You can run this job and then use the same list from the job setup tab.

Hope this helps. In case the above information is not what you are looking for, do write back with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.