cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring via Library

Marcopolo
Level 6

Is there a logic what BE2010R3 uses when restoring data from a library.

We have a backup job that currently uses 12 tapes (slots 1 to 12), I've started a restore (90mb) and I can see the job status switching between queued/loading media which has now been running 2h:45m

I do have blank tapes in slots 13 to 23 but I'm wondering what's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It won't touch the other tapes in the library at all. The job will have the tape associated with it, and this is maintained in the BEDB.

When you restore either by clicking the tape, or selecting the date and file, it's going to pick the tape if available in the library, or request that the tape be inserted.

Are you sure the tape you want to restore from is catalogged? If not, do so and then try the restore again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marcopolo
Level 6

This is now sorted...I think

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It won't touch the other tapes in the library at all. The job will have the tape associated with it, and this is maintained in the BEDB.

When you restore either by clicking the tape, or selecting the date and file, it's going to pick the tape if available in the library, or request that the tape be inserted.

Are you sure the tape you want to restore from is catalogged? If not, do so and then try the restore again.