cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robotic library hardware error.

Choppaaus
Not applicable

Hey all,

Need some assistance with an issue I have been seeing..

The first instance i saw an issue was with the cleaning tape not finishing which is now retired and I have replaced. Keep on getting the following message when I run any cleaning job or backup job.

Robotic library hardware error.

The robotic library has reported a general hardware error condition. Manual intervention, calibration, etc., may be required. This may be a device related hardware problem, or it may be some other hardware problem (i.e. SCSI card/bus etc.). The library and drive states have been set to offline. Please attend to this condition.

Hardware: Dell 16 Slot Pv-124T LTO4-120-1

Server: 2008 R2 x64

Software: Backup Exec 2010 R3 and have done the latest live updates.

Things I have tried;

- Removing the driver and reinstalling

- Updating the driver through Device Management

Check the Application error logs and this event pops up just when I start it..

Information - Backup Exec CatErrorHandler Server - event ID: 34305

Catalog server database has been synchronized with catalog files in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\.
Number of backup sets added to the database are 0.
Number of backup sets deleted from the database are 0.
Size of the catalog folder is 7789.8 MB.
Size of data processed in the catalog files during synchronization is 0.59195 MB.
Number of noncatalog files in the catalog folder are 0.

I have an incling that the drive or firmware is the main culprit and need to source the latest drivers from symantec for the device.

If you need more info, just let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

It might actually be a hardware issue - have you considered testing with hardware vendor diagnostic tools?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

It might actually be a hardware issue - have you considered testing with hardware vendor diagnostic tools?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...try updating the firmware of the library and the card it attaches too, and if not, then check the Dell diagnostics as suggested by Colin above.

Thanks!