cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robotic library slot detail

DPJIT
Level 2

Hi,

I having problem to read the tape detail in Symantec Backup Exec 15, it scan and show 0 bytes but unable to inventory the tape.

Slot.png

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Are you:

1. Using the Symantec drivers for the tape drive? If not, use tapeinst.exe to install them;

2. Ensuring the robotics (if an autoloader/library) shows up as Unknown Medium Changer in Windows Device Manager?

3. Checking your device's diagnostic utility to ensure that it is not faulty?

Thanks!

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Why are you not able to inventory the tape?  What happens when you run an inventory job?

Why do 7 tapes show the same media label of "Wednesday"?  I assume that you are not using a bar code reader since no bar codes are displayed.  I would strongly encourage the use of bar codes as it offers many advantages in media management.

DPJIT
Level 2

Hi CraigV,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Symantec driver to configure the tape drive. It was working initially but after I change some settings(I forgot what I mess up) and also remove the bar code rules.

I will try the tapeinst.exe and see if is working.

Thanks.

DPJIT
Level 2

Job.png

Hi Larry,

The job show miss... 

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I cannot tell much from tiny JPGs, but "missed" sounds like a scheduling problem.  What does the inventory job log say?  What error number & message?

What tape library and drive are you using?  Is it online and available?  Your jobs sitting at ready imply your library isn't online.