cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a Backup to Disk Schedule

arose
Level 2

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to create a backup to disk schedule that backs up each week to a folder on a four weekly schedule.

Is there any way that I can schedule a backup to run on a 7 day cycle (Monday to Sunday) rather than starting on the 1st of the Month as it seems to do now.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Yep...go into the job and then the Schedule section. Click Edit Schedule Details --> Recurring Week Days and if you click the abbreviations for the days, it selects every day in that column.

Thanks!

arose
Level 2

Sorry,

I don't think I explained properly.

I have a BTD folder for Week 1, Week 2, Week 3 and Week 4.

At the moment, if I select say recurring week days and do Monday thru Friday, I find that if the Monday is the fourth of the month the Friday job would run on the first.

I'd like to go from Monday 4th to Friday 8th. And so one for each week.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Assuming that what you want can be achieved, your 4 week cycle will not cover an entire month.  To cover an entire entire month, you need a 5 week cycle.  Using your example, a 4 week cycle will not back up the first 3 days of July.

I always advise users not to over-complicate things by doing unnecessary management of media.  Why is it necessary to have a folder for each week?  Why not just lump everything into one folder and have only one job?  You can use the OPP to control when the media gets overwritten.  See my article

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/must-mondays-backup-be-monday-tape

While it is referring to tape, it is applicable in your case.