cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running out of storage space. What would you do?

MkEliteX
Level 3

Hey guys.

I just started working at a new company and the backup server is a mess. The 2 B2D drives are pretty much full.

The exchange GRT backups are stored to B2D drives that are running out and the rest go to Dedupelication drives (They have plenty of storage space left)

My question is, what would you do in this scenario? You can se the second server there but lets avoid that. Would like to hear some opinions. Thanks!

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

In this scenario you'd either throw more disk space at the B2D jobs, or cut down on your retention time. Both would end up in increased disk space.

Alternatively, direct more backups to the dedupe folder if you can and decrease the reliance on B2D.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

In this scenario you'd either throw more disk space at the B2D jobs, or cut down on your retention time. Both would end up in increased disk space.

Alternatively, direct more backups to the dedupe folder if you can and decrease the reliance on B2D.

Thanks!

MkEliteX
Level 3

Thanks for the reply, isn't it a bad idea to have exchange grt backups go to dedupe drives? 

I know there is a way to do this but I am not sure how exactly. Is there an article with instructions for the setup? 

Thanks

CraigV

You'd simply change the backup destination for the Exchange job to point to the dedupe folder instead of the B2D. This gets done on the job definition.

MkEliteX
Level 3

Okay, I will give this a try. Thanks