cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running through a DR scenario for an Windows 2008 AD

BL_BL_BL
Level 3

Morning All,

I've been trying to restore a Windows 2008 active driectory server within the lab using TECH86323 and NO LUCK.

The first restore  (both filesystem and system state) portion seems fine.  At the end of the restoe I'm getting a E000FED7 error?

I get down to the authoritative restore portion and create a new logon account in BackupExec but when testing the credentials, just fails.  (I've checked that the logon does work on the restored server)

Any clues?

Thanks Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BL_BL_BL
Level 3

Got it..

Event logs showed an "edb.log. Error -546" and Microsoft released: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2470478

Installed it and ran the authoritative portion..  All good.

DC repaired.. (old school way)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried to run the actual restore job and not just run the credentials test ?

And is the test machine exactly the same as the original DC (in terms of hardware, name, services, roles installed etc, OS, patch level) ?

BL_BL_BL
Level 3

Yes, I get the typical Failed to logon message.

Yes, the machine is the exact hardware, os, name.  Once the first restore portion in TECH86323 has been completed, I'm pretty confident the box is back to the original services, roles, patch level..

BL_BL_BL
Level 3

Just got past that hurtle. Had to add the DSRM account or (.\administrator) to "Log on as batch".  Now, the test credentials work and 2nd portion of the restore work flawlessly.

I am still getting an NTDSUTIL error:

Could not initialize the Jet Engine: Jet Warning 1

Could not check if the domain controller is read-only..

Any help would be appreciated?

BL_BL_BL
Level 3

Got it..

Event logs showed an "edb.log. Error -546" and Microsoft released: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2470478

Installed it and ran the authoritative portion..  All good.

DC repaired.. (old school way)