cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDLT Tape: Media Catalog failed Final error: 0xe0000900

Henning_General
Level 4

Hello,

I´m using Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows Server 2008R2. I have got two SDLT Tape Drives which are conncetd via SCSI to the server. 

I used the following configuration/solution https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH44676, but it doesn´t work :\

The catalog job failed after 3 hours with the following Errors:

Job ended: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 4:51:37 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-2304
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Catalog
The media for sequence number 1 in this media family has not been inventoried. No sets on this media may be cataloged. The media for sequence number 2 in this media family has not been inventoried. No sets on this media may be cataloged. The media for sequence number 3 in this media family has not been inventoried. No sets on this media may be cataloged. 

Thanks for your help,

Henning

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Henning_General
Level 4

Hi,

found my own solution. First insert all media´s from the complete backup, before running the catalog job.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BE 12.5 cannot be loaded onto Server 2008 R2. This configuration is not supported

Henning_General
Level 4

Hi pkh,

It´s possible, I have restored more than 20 tapes.

regards,

Henning

pkh
   VIP    Certified
For an unsupported configuration, if it works, you are lucky, but it may also not work.

Henning_General
Level 4

Hi,

found my own solution. First insert all media´s from the complete backup, before running the catalog job.