cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDX-550V won't recognize media

Bradley_Swartz
Level 2
Hi,
Hopefully somebody can assist with our situation.

We are trying to install a new Sony SDX-550V tape drive to to avail. We have tried the OEM drivers and the Veritas drivers and still BackupExec doesn't recognize the media in the drive. When we check the supported media types it just says ****
I found on this forum a possible soultion would be to install the updated Device Drivers in the 273853 Installer which names this tape drive as new for this update. Problem is that the installer crashes half way through installation quoting "The installer was interrupted". I believe if we can get this installer working then we may be able to get the tape drive working so i need a stripped down version of this installer w/ just the 550V tape drive in it. Is there such an installer or driver files available?

Thanks

Brad
7 REPLIES 7

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Was the Share point portal option selected during installation process..?

Regards,

Padmaja

Bradley_Swartz
Level 2
During the installation of what?? If you are talking about the drivers installer then probably not as there is not option given for this

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Sorry for the misunderstanding as question asked in the last reply ...

-- have you check the device compatability?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/282347

-- *If yes install Veritas device drivers
VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 - Device Driver Installer (20050115) - Includes Tape Driver Release (20041231) and Robotic Library Release (45) (Intel Only).
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/273853.htm

*If no then plese install OEM device drivers
How to use original equipment manufacturer drivers with VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) for Windows Servers 9.x
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253974.htm

-- Please check from the Tools > Option > Settings > Media Management > Media type > select the correct media type..

-- Is the device shown correctly in device manager and in backup exec under Devices Menu ?

Hope this will help you.

Thank you
Gauri

Bradley_Swartz
Level 2
Ok, I think i've been misunderstood again.
As i stated previously
YES this model is supported in the compatibility list
YES I tried installing the Veritas device drivers from the installer (20050115) however the installer crashes before it can install the device drivers, hence my request for the specific driver for my device rather than using this installer
YES I tried the OEM drivers to no avail
YES my device is shown correctly under device manager, however it cannot detect the media and it shows "***" under supported media formats

I really do think that i just need to get the veritas driver for this device onto my system, however i need an alternate solution to the installer package offered.

Thanks

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Hello,

Verify if you are getting event id's 7,9, 11 or 15?

Also update the firmware version and the scsi card drivers.

Regards,

Jerker_Pihl
Level 2
I hope you are aware that certain SCSI RAID cards send information in a certain way, namely as DASD (Direct Access Storage Device) . Tape units doesnt always support this. I had my SDX-500V(?) to a Adaptec SCSI 2200s raid card I never got it to work. Bought another one and now it works flawlessly.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Bradley,

Please update us if the earlier provided suggesstions have helped you in resolving the issue.

=====