cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED]'-1018 There is a checksum error on a database page. ' error

Brian_Hunter
Level 2

Hi

We are running Backup Exec 2010 Service Pack 1, and we are getting an error on one of our incremental backups.  The full error is:

V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-1018 There is a checksum error on a database page. '

It’s one of our exchange storage groups this is happening with, and we only get an error with the incremental backup, for which we use a Backup to Disk Folder.  When we back it up to tape over the weekend it works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas that may lead to a solution?  I’ve had a look around but I haven’t found much.  I did erase a couple of our IMG files that were over-writable, as I read it was a problem with the incremental backups erasing the IMG files before backing up, but no joy.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Brian_Hunter
Level 2

It seemed to be caused by our antivirus scanning our C:\Temp\Backup Exec and our Backup-To-Disk-Folder on our backup server.  I added those folders into our anti-virus exceptions, so that they aren't scanned, and that particular error has disappeared.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Brian_Hunter
Level 2

Thanks.  I'll try those out and will let you know which is successful.

Brian_Hunter
Level 2

It seemed to be caused by our antivirus scanning our C:\Temp\Backup Exec and our Backup-To-Disk-Folder on our backup server.  I added those folders into our anti-virus exceptions, so that they aren't scanned, and that particular error has disappeared.

Thanks for your help.