cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP3 - reboot remotes?

Wellsoft
Level 4

I am about to apply SP3 to Windows 2003 boxes......will I be able to stop/start the BE services versus a reboot on the remote agent boxes? I hope so or I can't update due to having to schedule the boots.....is it possible for me to copy the directory to each remote and update from there versus pushing from the media server to avoid a reboot? I have no tape devices involved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Backup Exec 12.5 does not require a reboot of the Media Server.

it possible for me to copy the directory to each remote and update from there versus pushing from the media server to avoid a reboot?
Yes..This is possible...We will have to install/Upgrade Remote agents in SILENT Mode...

For 32-bit remote agents
1  : Go to Prog. files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents folder
2  : Copy 2 folders on the remote server in a seperate folder, namely : RAWS32 and MSXML
3  : Open command prompt on the remote server and navigate to RAWS32 and run setupaa.cmd
4  : Example D\Agent\RAWS32\>setupaa.cmd

For 64-bit remote agent
2  :  Copy 2 folders on the remote server in a seperate folder, namely : RAWSx64 and MSXML
3  : Open command prompt on the remote server and navigate to RAWS32 and run setupaa64.cmd
4  : Example D\Agent\RAWSx64\>setupaa64.cmd

No need of a reboot...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Backup Exec 12.5 does not require a reboot of the Media Server.

it possible for me to copy the directory to each remote and update from there versus pushing from the media server to avoid a reboot?
Yes..This is possible...We will have to install/Upgrade Remote agents in SILENT Mode...

For 32-bit remote agents
2  : Copy 2 folders on the remote server in a seperate folder, namely : RAWS32 and MSXML
3  : Open command prompt on the remote server and navigate to RAWS32 and run setupaa.cmd
4  : Example D\Agent\RAWS32\>setupaa.cmd

For 64-bit remote agent
2  :  Copy 2 folders on the remote server in a seperate folder, namely : RAWSx64 and MSXML
3  : Open command prompt on the remote server and navigate to RAWS32 and run setupaa64.cmd
4  : Example D\Agent\RAWSx64\>setupaa64.cmd

No need of a reboot...