cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2008 Clustering Restoration to another hardware

Yobo
Level 5
Partner

I would like to know the procedure to restore SQL 2008 Clustering to another hardware to test the database integrity without having any impact to the production SQL 2008 Clustering server.

This is important to check for Integrity of databases for restoring.

Can anyone advise?

I'm new to SQL. So, Am I right to say that backup exec only backup the virtual SQL Name instead of the SQL Active and SQL Passive server?

I appreciate all those who can provide guidance on this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Well...yeah it only backs up the virtual node name. The physical nodes would be backed up with System State, SQL installed directories etc.

That said, there are various ways to restore SQL, and the best way would be a redirected restore to another SQL server, with the option to keep the DB dismounted. This means that you won't have an issue with a second instance being brought into your production environment.

In order to do this from an SQL-side of things, you would have to read up on SQL itself...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Well...yeah it only backs up the virtual node name. The physical nodes would be backed up with System State, SQL installed directories etc.

That said, there are various ways to restore SQL, and the best way would be a redirected restore to another SQL server, with the option to keep the DB dismounted. This means that you won't have an issue with a second instance being brought into your production environment.

In order to do this from an SQL-side of things, you would have to read up on SQL itself...