cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Agents

Andrewg
Level 3
I have a clean install of BEWS 11.0 with SP1 applied.  Media Server and Remote agent file versions reflect version 7170.11 as they should.  I am able to contact and perform successful file backups on all servers.  The SharePoint and SQL Server Agents are installed and were deployed to the remote agents as the SP1 version (7170.11), however, the media server does not register the presence of SQL databases on my SQL server, nor does it see the SharePoint farm,  even when I go to individual farm members through the BE console. Any idea please.

Andrew
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
You need hotfix 6 which is included with SP1.  All server on the farm (web and sql) need the remote agent.  When you setup the remote agent via push or if you have to manually install the agent make sure you run vxmon.exe on each server in the farm and have it publish itself back to the media server.  Stop the Service on the media server.  Stop the remote agent on all the farm members. Start the media servr backup exec services and then all the remoat agent.

Once you have done this open backup exec console and click the backup butteon. Providing your licensed for the sharepoint agent a prompt shoud appear that a new farm has been discovered

Mark

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marksw
Level 5
You need hotfix 6 which is included with SP1.  All server on the farm (web and sql) need the remote agent.  When you setup the remote agent via push or if you have to manually install the agent make sure you run vxmon.exe on each server in the farm and have it publish itself back to the media server.  Stop the Service on the media server.  Stop the remote agent on all the farm members. Start the media servr backup exec services and then all the remoat agent.

Once you have done this open backup exec console and click the backup butteon. Providing your licensed for the sharepoint agent a prompt shoud appear that a new farm has been discovered

Mark

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi ANdrew,

Looks like you have a permissions problem. Check this document for SQL which tells you how to fix it...

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293185.htm

For SharePoint, I am not sure if you're getting this error...?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/327995.htm