cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Backup Failing

OmegaDuece
Level 3

My Backup fails everyday with this issue

Backup- \MSSQLSERVERV-79-57344-863 - The SQL Server backup interface has reported a problem. Further details can be found in the job log. Restarting the SQL Server service or the server may correct the problem.

V-79-57344-863 - The SQL Server backup interface has reported a problem. Further details can be found in the job log. Restarting the SQL Server service or the server may correct the problem.

Backup - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Snapshot technology used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

V-79-10000-11233 - VSS Snapshot error. A Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot is already running on the target computer. Only one snapshot can run at a time. Try running the job later.

No other backups are running nothing is using the VSS writers. I check wiht vssadmin list writers they are fine and I'll reboot the server run backup still have this issue. Any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you checked the TN below to make sure you've done all the necessary troubleshooting?

Thanks!

TN?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Sorry, this TN (technote):

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH66447

Thanks!

How do you reisntall the writer? I also tried everything in the tech article and its still failing the job. Any other things I can do to fix this? The server has the latest Service Pack.