Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Cluster Backup fails with message V-79-57344-33938 - An error occurred

Richard_Jones
Level 2
V-79-57344-33938 -
An error occurred on a query to database
V-79-57344-33938 - 0x2000e208 (536928776)

The database is running on a clustered server, W2003 EE, SQL 2000. I have recently upgraded to Version 10d from Version 9.1 (which backed this up without any problems). There are several databases on the cluster that backup fine and several (more important ones) that come up with the error above.

I have tried most of the tricks mentioned in the forum such as attaching as a different user but to no avail.

Any help appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Since when are you getting this error ?

Is Backup Exec installed in the cluster or it is out of cluster ?

Have tried backingup using User Defined selections ? If not then you can try and check the results.

Stop the antivirus services during backup.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Richard_Jones
Level 2
The server is part of a cluster and it has been happening since updating from 9.1 to 10d. I seem to have found a workaround for this issue by selecting the force named pipe backup/restore option in the registry, perhaps you can clarify what this does? To be honest the backup has never been 100% reliable since upgrading our Library to the Dell 132t LTO3 and Backup Exec to version 10d (from 9.1). There seem to be major issues between the two communicating and I haven't managed to put my finger on whether it is a Library/Drive issue or a Software issue.

Richard_Jones
Level 2
OK, more problems with the Dell 132T LTO3 Library and Backup Exec 10d combination. This time every time a cleaning job is run it knocks the drive offline. I have tried to use the Dell 132t drivers for the library but it does not even run a job when they are loaded so I have reverted to the "unknown medium changer" (Windows Generic Driver).

Although this allows me to perform backups ok, it is not consistently happy and requires a manual intervention at least once a week to re-install a drive or manually eject a tape. I see from the HCL that the 132T library and LTO3 drive has been tested with the latest version of BE software and would like to know what steps the tester went through in order to get this working because nothing I do has managed to get these two systems working harmoneoulsy.

I have a support call open with Dell currently and would be grateful if you could also shed any light on this ongoing issue.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi Richard,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused because of the delayed response. Pleases let us know if your issue / problem is resolved so that we can archive this post.

However, if the issues still persist then we would like to know :

-are there any tape alerts generated in BE ?

-update us on the related event Ids under event viewer

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.