cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Consistency Checks Failed - error log attached

Davan
Level 3

Can anyone make sense of this, and offer some suggestions for a resolution?  I'm not sure why it is now throwing these permission-related errors, as nothing relating to these specific databases has changed, and the BE service account has not changed either.

TIA!

Backup- SERVER3.worldhealthclub.local\MICROSOFT##SSEE V-79-57344-65088 - WARNING: The DBCC NEWALLOC command requires SA rights.  The consistency check cannot be completed.

User 'guest' does not have permission to run DBCC checkdb for database 'master'.

V-79-57344-65085 - There was a problem running the DBCC.

The server principal "WORLDHEALTHCLUB\SVC-BackupExec" is not able to access the database "model" under the current security context.

V-79-57344-65088 - WARNING: The DBCC NEWALLOC command requires SA rights.  The consistency check cannot be completed.

User 'guest' does not have permission to run DBCC checkdb for database 'msdb'.

Backup- SERVER3.worldhealthclub.local\SQLEXPRESS V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.

Access denied to database \master.

V-79-65323-916 -

An error occurred on a query to database model.

V-79-65323-916 - The server principal "WORLDHEALTHCLUB\SVC-BackupExec" is not able to access the database "model" under the current security context.

V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.

Access denied to database \msdb.

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I know you say nothing has changed, but I cannot believe that GUEST has ever had rights to run DBCCs

Double check the job description to verify what user-account is being used to access these DBs

Davan
Level 3

Well that is the confusing part... why is the guest account being used?  Is this some kind of default setting?  All BE services that I configured have been set to run as domain user svc-backupexec  So I'm not sure why the guest account is even showing up here...  Any insight?

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Change the startup account of SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) service to Local System account