cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Database Greyed Out when attempting to restore

FIT-OJanicki
Not applicable

Good afternoon,

Researched this issue but was unable to find any info on it, so I am hoping the community can assist.  I am attempting a test of redirected restore of one of our SQL databases.  The databases were backed up with GRT enabled and they live on Hyper-V guests.  The backups for the Hyper-V guests are done via a backup of the Hyper-V host rather than a direct backup of the Hyper-V guest via a RAWS agent (this was done to avoid duplication of data and VSS conflicts).  Attached is a screenshot demonstrating the issue.

I did see that an attempt to restore the Backup Exec SQL database will correctly expand into the master, model, etc. databases.  Backup Exec and its database live together on a physical server, so I am concerned that this issue may be related to the method used to back up the VMs.  That wouldn't be good...

Would appreciate any guidance on this issue!

Thanks,

Oscar

2 REPLIES 2

pravinkumar_d
Level 3

Hi Oscar,

Please go through this technote to understand GRT Supportibility - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO99373

1. If you use RAWS with Application & Database license which is used to backup server directly instead of Hyper-V - VHD, Then you can see the SLQL DB with instance and restore the same.

2. But when you backup Hyper-V as VHD enabled with GRT you can only do Database to Database restore and not instance.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

PK

Regards
Pravin Kumar D

steves_2
Level 4

Is it something to do with the date range you are looking at ?. Try opening up the dates a bit more.